Here are my sunflowers! They are actually looking like sunflowers! Cool! Still would be excited to see them grow another foot or two, and add an inch in girth... but I think since it's August already, and the sun is gradually heading southwards, it'll be challenge enough for them to produce full flowers. I'm excited to see how they do once I plant them at Merton Street in Toronto!
This is a "typical" morning glory flower getting ready to bloom.
This is the other type of morning glory that I grew this year - the flowers are *very* tiny and red, and the leaves are subtly different - the part where the leaf connects to the stem is rounded.
I've been packing up my stuff to move it to Toronto - daunting to get started! Also sat out on the deck this evening to do some work on some books I need to return ASAP - was visited by a very red cardinal, some nut-hatches (I think?), a blue-jay, chickadees, a jumping spider, and a very big black hornet - he seemed very happy to eat some of the nectar from the buds on the ivy that's growing up the wall by the deck. The lilies at the base of my stairs are exceptionally spectacular this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment